Saturday, March 6, 2010

Proud To Be A Loser

Yesterday  marked the second weigh-in for Losing To Win,  the weight loss competition I joined on January 5!  I didn’t place in one of the top 4 money slots…but I am still so proud to be a loser! 

From February 5 to March 5 I lost a total of 6 lbs, bringing me to a Losing To Win total of 15 pounds since January 5, and a grand total of 33 pounds since I joined Weight Watchers (which at this point I am not following at all) on July 20, 2009!

Did you say I deserved a reward?  Of course you did!  So as not to disappoint, I went and really splurged and treated myself to these!DSCF2289 An actual pair of good quality walking/running shoes as opposed to the whatever brand I would by myself before.  I went to a running store and had my foot fitted for a shoe that will take me the mile…or at least the 300 miles I plan to walk this year!

Now what I really really want is this:

imageNot because I am a major runner…but I do want to start tracking my heart rate to make sure I am getting it at the target level…and because I am tracking my miles and that will free me up some to get off the measured parks I am going to.

Maybe I will make that a 100 mile reward….unless someone who loves me gets it for my birthday next month!

This is actually very first time I have rewarded myself for reaching a milestone and treated myself to some fitness gear.

How do you reward yourself when you have reached weight loss or fitness goals?

3 comments:

Grace said...

I treated myself to a massage when I crossed from "obese" to "overweight" in BMI. I just bought new clothes last weekend and treated myself to a few fun tops that won't fit me when I'm at goal, but I want to have fun getting there now that my regular fun clothes are too big. The last time I lost weight, I bought a DVD set I'd wanted but told myself it was too expensive otherwise.

What do you value? Time alone? Time with family? Time with a friend? You could schedule something, doesn't even have to cost much money, to do with them.

Ellura said...

Hey Jewel, when i saw how high you were on the monthly chart I had to "stop by" and congratulate you! I got new running shoes recently too. My feet hurt so bad in my old ones I didn't have a choice. But I did splurge and go to a running store to get fitted properly. As far as treating myself for making my goals, I haven't really done that. But I recently went down a size in clothes and that has been like a reward to me - its like getting a whole new wardrobe for free. lol Maybe a reward would give me more incentive - I'll have to think about that one! Anyway, congrats again and good luck this next month.

jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel said...

Ooohhh...massage sounds great. Actually I have never had a "real" one!

Hey thanks Ellura! I didn't even realize I was high on the list until I read your comment!

I have never rewarded myself before...this just happened..I was doing well and figured I had been working hard and some new equipment to help further the cause would be great!