Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trying To Coming Back

First I would like to thank you for your warmth  and sentiments last week.   It is still hard to believe….I thought she would easily pass 100!

We spent most of the week at my mom’s house.  Through Saturday night anyway.  I brought my computer with me all week, to the hospital and then to my mom’s house but I was struggling to keep up with work (the paying kind, not my fun blogging kind) in short snatches of time that I could grab here and there.   Unfortunately when you are self-employed and dependent on that income it is difficult to take time off so I plugged away.

Sunday we decided we needed to come back home and start taking care of the kids and house and work again.   I had a mountain of work to catch up on and all of my free time (then and up until now) has been spent chipping away at that mountain so I can be all caught up for a change!

In addition, that wonderful produce box that I go pick up every other or every week….well the owner has been trying to get a delivery going in my neighborhood and guess who is the coordinator for that delivery?  YEP!  ME!  I know…I needed something else to do didn’t I! 

And so we spent Sunday decluttering, sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing in preparation for the delivery on Monday.  AND I had no food.  I mean NO FOOD!  We hadn’t had time to go to the store all week and for the most part there were tons of platters at my mom’s (although I think my family will groan at the thought of eating another bagel in the next six months) so we ate there…but on Sunday at home I was grasping at freezer, pantry, and whatever I could to make a meal happen.  We did have produce we hadn’t been home to eat from last week’s delivery…but that was pretty much it!

So  that is where I have been hiding all week.  Behind the computer with no time to blog.  I have been keeping up the healthy habits and taking pictures, I just haven’t had time to post them all. 

I have lots to share too!  I want to share how well I did all week at my mom’s….and how  great the Peace River was, both in beauty, fun, and how well I did with my food!  I also want to share all the healthy Yums that were jam packed into the box I got from Oh She Glows Angela!

FabTeen went to the opera tonight (HUH????)  and kidnapped my camera so pix are definitely not coming tonight…hopefully soon though.

My weight isn’t down as much as I would like…but it isn’t up either.  I think I have been glued to the computer way too much and am not getting any activity.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy. I hope you get a breather soon, and that you keep your positive attitude. I am impressed that you have been doing so well despite the jam-packed schedule you've got going on.

Moi said...

Thank you for you post. I have read four that are so negative that it makes me want to scream. You rock. Keep up the busy work

Lorie said...

You are so positive. You are doing so well! Keep up the good work!

Jewel said...

Thanks...although I don't feel so positive most of the time!

I usually feel kind of overwhelmed! LOL!

But I am feeling good about my health and diet lately so I am sure that is where that energy is coming from.