Thursday, October 15, 2009

Keep On Keepin’ On

Updating yesterday:  No Go on the kale chips yet!  The poor kale is wilting in the fridge!  I need to try it today.

I  also got a nice recipe for  some massaged kale.   I have seen that term many times before but I never realized until my friend sent the recipe  last night that it actually meant massaging the kale with my fingers for ten minutes!  I had always thought it was some kind of kale.  DUH! 

Shows you how much I know about kale….Boy….that kale gets better treatment than me!

Dinner was baked chicken thighs for the rest of the family…although I stole a tiny piece of meat.   Still trying to reduce my meat intake but sometimes it is hard to resist!

roasted veggies

I had a YUM-O mish-mash of brussel sprouts (my new favorite love), carrots, sweet potatoes, and sweet onion, all organic and all chunked up…thrown into a pan and tossed with balsamic vinegar and a TBS of olive  oil.  Then I roasted it until caramelized.   If a year ago you would have told me I would be craving this I would have thought you were NUTZO!

Along with that I had a bowl of salad with my homemade Green Goddess dressing.   And the little piece of chicken…and I was stuffed.  Oh..don’t forget my two glasses of Merlot…can’t forget those!

I am really loving the organic produce buying club I joined with these boxes every other week.  It is really forcing all of us to eat more veggies, and more variety of veggies.  Although FabHubby was NOT happy about the brussel sprout I made him eat.   He whined like a little kid!

This week  I got:

2 lbs  carrots
1 pint minipeppers
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 large head romaine
1 head broccoli
1 head kale produce box 1005
1 bunch  radishes
8 large onions
1 bunch asparagus
4 sweet potatoes
7 bananas
4 pears
1 lb strawberries
11 honeycrisp apples
2 pomengranates
6  ounce container raspberries
1 small honeydew
1 small pineapple
2.5 lbs grapes
6 plums

Okay…the picture is actually from last week’s box….I didn’t snap a pic of this week’s.  But it sure looks delicious doesn’t it!!!

Strawberries, raspberries,  apples, and romaine are just about gone!  We  are working on the rest.

Look! I am making progress on the picture uploading thing!  Only took me an hour as opposed to multiple hours and I didn’t give up this time.  Here is hoping it gets easier and faster.

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

I wish that you were my personal chef! I will dream of it tonight! YUM!!! Send me recipes.. teach me how to cook Kale! This all sounds SO YUMMY!!

Jewel said...

Personal chef! Me??? LOL! I am only cooking these days because I had to take matters into my own hands! In almost eight years, the Hubs has done pretty much all of the cooking up until now. He just likes his meat and fat and I am turning over a new leaf here! All kinds of leaves I guess (kale, spinach...I know, groan!)

I will post how to massage the kale in the next couple of days after I try it and let you know how it all turns out!