Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leftover Lunacy, Eagles, and a Sushi Celebration

For lunch today I just couldn’t decide where to begin…but there were a bunch of leftovers in the fridge that were just begging to be used up, so I threw a leftover party!

Into a bowl went a bunch of salad that needed to be finished.  On top of that, 2 ounces of Drunken Shrimp I made last week, and finally a big helping of the leftover balsamic roasted veggies from last night.   I put them on top of the salad cold and they still tasted great!

shrimp salad

I took out the bottle of balsamic dressing to use as dressing bit didn’t end up needing it.  The salad was really flavorful with all of the toppings.

After lunch I treated myself to a Honeycrisp apple and a TBS of my good ole’ addiction, the Almond Butter.  It is all I can do to not eat that stuff by the TBS right out of the jar!!!

apple slices almond butterapple and almond butter

A Milestone Earned

Tonight was a special night for our family.   The FabTeen was really FABULOUS tonight!!!   He had his Eagle Board of Review.  That is where the Eagle Board meets with the candidate and reviews his project as well as his scouting history, and approves him (or not) to be attain the rank of Eagle.   Did you know that only 1 out of every 4 boys that joins scouting makes it to Eagle?   I am so proud to announce that I am now the mother of an EAGLE SCOUT!

Eagle Scout After that that was done we were all hungry and I decided to treat the new Eagle Scout to one of his favorite meals, Sushi.  FabHubby does not like sushi…but the rest of us do and it was not his day so he had to grin and bear it…and eat curry instead!

The Eagle Scout and I shared some Tuna Takana, a Dragon Roll, and a JB roll.  Don’t know how many points are in those…but I am thinking it shouldn’t be too bad! (well, maybe except for the fried shrimp in the Dragon Roll)

I wish I would have taken a picture of the Takana when it arrived but we had already started in on it when I decided to take it.  It is pretty even half eaten…but when it first was served the presentation was stunning!  The Dragon Roll really looked like a dragon too!  I always order these when we get sushi, but this is the first time I have seen it with snout and tail.

TunaDragon Roll

And Yay Me!  I got the full day in, all on the same day.  And now I am tired and going to bed!!

1 comment:

Karilynn said...

CONGRATS on having an Eagle Scout!! What an amazing accomplishment! :o) I must admit I have never eaten sushi. I can't imagine I would enjoy it... I really don't like fish. It does LOOK beautiful though!