Monday, January 4, 2010

It Is Too Cold For Salad!

But I ate it anyway. 

WHY?

Because I was too lazy to take time out of my work day to make soup, which really would have been a much better alternative.

And once again I had a fridge full of thing that needed to be used up.  I have become the leftover queen!

Last week when we made the lentil loaf I cooked the whole bag of lentils, but only used a small amount. And so I had a big bag of cooked lentils that I needed to do something with.

I decided, on the coldest day of the year so far, in my infinite wisdom, to make a lentil salad!  Don’t ask!

It was quick, easy, and, well, cold!

I put the lentils in a big bowl, not the blue one this time, and diced up the last of the grape tomatoes, some onions, a big handful of cilantro, and the last of that nonorganic green pepper I had bought for a recipe that didn’t get used.

DSCF6720 I poured on some red wine vinegar for a change of pace, a big dollop of olive oil, and then some S&P and mixed.

It tasted really good and was very filling too.  It just wasn’t warm.DSCF6723But I had a busy day (it is produce day!) and was so easy to throw together so that was the best part!

Now I am craving lentil soup though…what is your favorite vegetarian recipe for lentil soup?

No comments: