Thursday, January 21, 2010

Who Needs Workout…I’ve Got Cookies!

Hundreds of them to be exact (that is not exact is it!).

Yes..FabPreteen is on the quest to reach 1,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies sold and guess who is her support system.  DSCF8226I am getting tons of exercise lugging cases of cookies out of the house and into the car….lugging cases of cookies out of the car to the booth…packing up the booth  and back to the car…unloading the car and back into the house.  (This is Florida…you can’t leave the cookies in the car or they will melt!)

Don’t forget that heavy table, two chairs, and a cash box….and who needs to go to the gym, I just do the cookie mom workout!

Yesterday was a crazy day for me!  In addition to having back to back cookie booths from 3-9 p.m., I also had a organic produce delivery, work, and kids to deal with.  

My living room was unbelievable yesterday with 350 boxes of cookies and a few hundred pounds of produce to be sorted!

Needless to say I am quite exhausted….and my eating habits after 3 p.m. were less than stellar. 

Does splitting a box of Lemon Chalet Cremes with your daughter for dinner make me an awful mom?   I threw a couple of cheese sticks in there for protein.

When I got home at 10 pm I still had to put my own produce away, do the paperwork for it, work on the order for cookies for the girl scout troop for this weekend, and take care of the last day’s produce box pickup.  Yes…that late!

I finally stumbled to bed around 12:30 a.m. and got to get up at 6 a.m. this morning to do it all again.

Have I told you this is my favorite time of year?  (You are not reading any sarcasm there are you?)

I actually don’t mind all the work…I just need a few more hours in my day so I can fit some sleep in there as well.

In case you didn’t notice, produce was moved this week to Wednesday!  This week’s box contained a lot of wonderful goodies I don’t have a lot of experience with, such as turnips and parsnips, and look forward to making, along with some of my favorite staples, apples, bananas, pineapple, carrots, and  more…DSCF8248We got:

  • Leeks
  • Roma tomatoes
  • Parsnips
  • Yams
  • A head of Cauliflower
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Portobello mushrooms
  • Turnips
  • A bunch of Dill
  • A head of Romaine
  • Chard  (this was so pretty!)
  • Fennel (also very pretty)
  • Blueberries
  • Bananas
  • Tangerines
  • Gala apples
  • Pears
  • Grapefruit
  • Pineapple

I was also supposed to get some mandarins and strawberries but took a trip north on a different truck…so I will get some of those next week!

This weekend I am camping again, this time not in those adorable Chickee dorms…but in a tent out with the Boy Scouts in a rough and primitive campground out in the Everglades!

I hope to be able to find time to prepare some food to bring so I have some healthy veggies to enjoy and so all of this won’t go bad!  FabHubs will be doing the cooking for the adults in the troop…but the troop is a huge meat crowd so that is what he will cooking for them and I will be on a lonely veggie quest, fending for myself!

Today it is work….and more cookies!  I sure look forward to getting some rest while camping this weekend!!!!

In the meantime….WANT TO BUY A BOX OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES?

DSCF8227

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I swear to you that girl scout cookie month was by FAR my worst month for weight loss last year. Girl scout cookies taste WAY too good to NOT be evil! ;o)

jewel @ fit-and-fabulous-jewel said...

I believe it!!! They are so good and then it's easy to justify by telling yourself it's only one time a year!

I have been good so far this year! Other than the Lemon Cremes for dinner last night...and even then I only had 4 of them.

I do love the Thin Mints though...

Mindy said...

hell yes i want some freaking cookies!!! but i'm trying not to give in to that temptation. i think you are awesome to be sitting there surrounded by boxes and boxes and not eating them all.
good luck pushing through this...i hope you reach that 1000 box goal.