Monday, January 4, 2010

What The Heck Do I Do With It???

I have never seen a sunchoke before…I was expecting more of an artichoke with the overlapping leaves, which I have never cooked either.

For those of you who are uninitiated, it looks like this:

DSCF6726

It looks a lot like a ginger root….but I read that it has the texture and taste of potato.  I can’t wait to find a good recipe for it!

I also got:DSCF6724  A lot of stuff, right?  But you know I am good for it!

The sunchoke was the only unusual thing (for me) in my box today.  I also had:

  • spinach
  • bok choy
  • dakon radish
  • carrots
  • green leaf lettuce
  • ginger
  • beets
  • grape tomatoes
  • cucumber
  • lemons
  • grapefruit
  • tangelos
  • crenshaw melon
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • raspberries
  • bananas
  • granny smith apples
  • pineapple

I think that is it!

My sunchoke and I are smiling!

DSCF6728

No comments: